Saturday, January 9, 2010

Vintage Plantations Artisanal Chocolate 75% Dark

3.5oz (100g) bar
Ingredients: Pure cocoa mass, raw sugar cane, soy lecithin.

Unlike most bars I’ve eaten, Vintage Plantations' 75% doesn’t contain any vanilla, and as much as I like vanilla, I can’t say I taste the difference. (Perhaps I will later, as I become a more astute reviewer.) Then again, it does have a certain pure chocolatey-ness: neither gritty nor too creamy, not too sweet or too sour or too bitter. This bar is like a medium-bodied wine, not especially challenging but retaining a bit of edge and bite.

Conclusion: Vintage Plantations 75% Dark bar is a solid, strong bar, but it probably isn’t distinct enough that I would buy it again. 


[Edit: I'm not sure what happened to my photo of this bar; the one I originally had posted was the 90% bar. See the link above for a link to the photo on the Vintage Plantations site.]

No comments:

Post a Comment